- Inkjet cartridges received are subject to examination. Please be aware that we do not just visually inspect inkjet cartridges as we are one of the only few companies that uses a CBR ST200 tester. This enables us to give you a true evaluation as to whether your cartridge is working or non-working. Most companies only visually inspect; if this is the case your cartridge may be seen to be faulty and classed as a reject when it is actually electrically sound. We will also ensure we receive the type and quantity of goods as described by you.
- You can now request payment by going to the members menu and under statements click on the “request payment button” Please allow 30 days from posting in your cartridges. We no longer provide payment via cheque, only by bank transfer or PayPal.
- If we have to make a collection please ensure that you or someone who is informed is able to oversee the consignment being collected or left somewhere safe.
- If we advise that a courier will be collecting your consignment you will need to package your cartridges into a secure box and seal it. Labels will be provided for your boxes by the driver to enable us to identify your goods.
- A minimum of £5.00 is required to use the Prepaid service.
- **Due to the volume of items returned, PCR is unable to return any items to the sender, whether or not they are faulty or are requested to be returned during dispute.**
- We no longer provide payment via cheque, only by bank transfer or PayPal.
- To make the process faster and more secure we offer payment via BACs/Bank Transfer or PayPal. Your details can be put into your account
Items may be found to be damaged either visually or electronically. Whilst we try our best to ensure damage is kept to a minimum, we do test every item on a CBR ST200 tester. We are not liable for any damage to the cartridges in transit.
If an ink cartridge you send us fails this test you will not be paid for it but you will not be charged. Failed cartridges are recycled but **Due to the volume of items returned, PCR is unable to return any items to the sender, whether or not they are faulty or are requested to be returned during dispute.**
As we live and work in the UK we DON'T need the +44 at the beginning of phone Nos also you DON`T need to repeat the same no in the "Alt Telephone" box please.